Monday, November 30, 2009

A picture.. taken from a phone, sent to my email, saved on a right-click, posted and uploaded to mys

Did this go through 3 different operating systems' interpretation of the image I took? And if I can take the text from javascript, how does this text faithfully represent the image that I originally took? 1 more thing.. lmao' If I didnt know about computers at all, how would you explain it to me, to where I understood EXACTLY what happened.?



A picture.. taken from a phone, sent to my email, saved on a right-click, posted and uploaded to myspace%26lt;?

Yeah, it would have gone through at least 3 Operating systems.



(1) Most likely Symbien or Windows Mobile [on your phone]



(2)The Email server most likely Unix / Linux maybe Windows



(3)Your System when you got the Email most likely Mac / Windows



(4)What ever Opersing System is used on Myspace, most likely Linux / Unix.



The second part to your question doesn't make sense, but i will guess that what your saying is that how does Javascript upload the image to the MySpace account ?



The easy answer is that it simply sends the file. The JavaScript does not rewrite it. I actual fact in the case of MySpace they appear to be using a ColdFusion Server Adobe/Macromedia and so they will be using this rather than Javascript.



Hope this helps



Further Reading:



WikiPedia on JPEG Images



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG#Color_...



Tutorial on Uploading files in PHP (A scripting language)



http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/php/ar...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web development