Sunday, December 6, 2009

Stpson obsessed w/ being popular & having a grlfriend.How do we talk to him about it so he will

I am worried about his emotional and mental state. My husband is his Father but does not know what to say to him and his Mother is just as obssesed with having him be popular! She encourages his mypsace and texting. He uses Myspace and text messages every day. He lives in another town and we only get to see him about 2 days a month. When we go there he acts like he is friends with all bu most look at him like he is weird. Here, my son who lives with us full time, says he is always on the phone txting girls or his Mother. My husband thinks that the relationship he has with his Mother is unhealthy but considering the limited amount of time we see him I am not sure what to do. I am concerned that he is the butt of jokes at his school. He has even been txting and calling my son's ex girlfriend whom he has never met! My son doesn't care but he %26amp; the ex think it's weird. He calls so much, her Mom has given him some sort of nickname. The way he acts with girls is creepy and stalker-like. Help



Stpson obsessed w/ being popular %26amp; having a grlfriend.How do we talk to him about it so he will listen?

I think this is funny! I know a lot of male and female teenagers who are forever texting and busy creating their indentity. He will grow out of it. He is still young and his mother thinks she can help him get out there. When he really grows up, that's when he is going to look back and have a good laugh at himself. Take it really easy. Check out Summer Heights High on UTube to get some ideas about how crazy teenage years can get. Chill out and observe with love.



Stpson obsessed w/ being popular %26amp; having a grlfriend.How do we talk to him about it so he will listen?

I'm 18 years old and am popular in my school and believe me it's not that fun things you don't want people to find out about they do so so being popular is not what it's cracked up to be. By being popular I have a 2 year old daughter and what I do is reflected on her her mom wants to take her from me so I have to be careful what I do.



Stpson obsessed w/ being popular %26amp; having a grlfriend.How do we talk to him about it so he will listen?

Its the age. Just talk to him, and tell him that these are not big issues that make the world go 'round. He will not listen though. Again , he is a teenager!!! But eventually he will figure it out on his own and say" Wow!!! They were right!!!" Do just talk to him ,like a non - preachy adult. There really is no reason to have a family meeting, just throw it in there from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web development