Sunday, December 6, 2009

Toxic sister? cut her off or no?

She was only contacting me through Myspace and text, and rarely calls unless she was mad at me, or had some issue.



I blocked her from my Myspace because she was over-analyzing and critiquing it, saying that because I dont mention family on there, that Im ashamed of them. Its just Myspace, its where I keep up with friends, and people I hardly know. NOT where I keep in touch with family.



She always has to be right, and never sorry about anything. I dont think she's ever said the words to me, in her life. She's approaching 30, I dont think she's changing anytime soon.



I think if I cut her off, she would love it so she could go around spouting to everyone she knows trying to be a martyr saying "woe is me, my sister wont even talk to me, she's horrible"



If I dont cut her off: she'll just walk right over me like she has been for YEARS, and keep right on with her bratty behavior, expecting everyone to just deal with her ways.



Toxic sister? cut her off or no?

Then make it clear that you aren't cutting HER off, but that you are cutting off her toxic behavior. Let her know that she is welcome to talk to you, but if she gets into criticism or negativity, then she will get a timeout.



Toxic sister? cut her off or no?

sisters not getting along ?? how strange is that??[lol] There is no absolute answer to that question. Like you said she's not going to change anytime soon !! You have to do what is best for you !! What u can live with !!



Toxic sister? cut her off or no?

Yes she is toxic. At 30 a little old for myspace it's good you blocked her. You are right she won't change now especially since she has cut her family out. Who cares let her say what she wants about you they are only words and lying words at that. So no more letting her walk on you. You say I love you but I can't and I won't put up with you anymore. Or until she's gets therapy to see why she acts this way. Sounds like she is very jealous of you. Keep your head held high and ignore her.



Toxic sister? cut her off or no?

I had a toxic family and I cut off contact with them for about 10 years and have never been sorry for that. I think you shoul do the same with your sister. If she wants to act like a martyr that's her.Don't let it bother or affect you. She'll get over acting like a martyr sometime. Also.remember she can't walk over you unless you lay down and let her. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web development